Cannon Beach: road trip

By Leslie Parks - Monday, August 05, 2019



Ever since John bought me this car I have wanted to take it with us to Cannon Beach. I imagine driving down the coast stopping at cute coffee shops and bakeries, lounging on the beach, or going on small hikes overlooking the ocean. This year, John and Lona drove down in the convertible just so that Lona could make it to the Corgi Festival on the beach. Which meant that I took the van and the boys the next day with me. And my car made the first leg of the trip to Cannon Beach. Early one morning John and I decided to drive over to Girabaldi and Mantazama just down the coast a bit from Cannon Beach.  We rolled the top down, grabbed a cup of coffee for the road and started driving. There was no time limit, no agenda, nothing pressing us which allowed us to explore various overlooks, bakeries, and beach access points. We slowly made our way down the coast from Cannon Beach to Girabaldi taking in all the sights. At Girabaldi, I made John pull over so I could photograph the historic Coast Guard Station. Then I found the station's Facebook page and made contact. I was hoping to schedule a tour and maybe ask some questions about life in the Coast Guard but it just didn't work out.  In my mind I half hoped that Job would be stationed here.  It isn't too far away from Bellingham but far enough that I wouldn't crowd him.  We will have to see.








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments