Cannon Beach views

By Leslie Parks - Friday, August 09, 2019



The early morning mist floated off the ocean in the morning towards the hills only to return in the evening as it was greeted by the sinking sun. The water glimmered with sparkles as the waves licked the sand. As the sun slows rises or sets, the waves and sky take on pastel hues of pinks, purples and oranges. I try to get out and walk along the beach in the evening and in the morning. For some reason I find quiet in these moments and yet the ocean is never quiet. It is loud, continuous, pounding even. And yet there is a quiet serenity that calls to me and quiets the inner turmoil. There is space here where the sky is big and it mingles with the ocean. The colors compliment though there is a sharp contrast of dark and light it works in a soothing way. For the week that I am here, I soak in these views not taking it for granted and vow to enjoy the views at home like I do here and then I let the busy-ness overtake me and forget until I see these views again.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments