Cannon Beach: Sunsets

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, August 03, 2019



My camera bumped on my thigh as I quickly made my way down the street. The street lights flickered on and the outdoor lights of the businesses and hotels were already lighted. I knew I didn't have much time but it wasn't far. Looking up at the sky, the colors started quietly as pastels and it was as if a brush was crossing the sky with more and more vibrant watercolors. The oranges and pinks becoming increasingly darker. The water normally a greenish blue started to take on darker purples and with hints of orange, yellow and pinks. Everything else became darker and black as the sun slowly slipped into the ocean at the edge of the world. The show was over as quickly as it started. The only light left were the electric ones that showed me my way home.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments