Cannon Beach: Sea Life

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, August 04, 2019


Yes, I live near the coast and yet I go weeks and sometimes months without seeing the ocean.  Technically it's the sound but we have many of the same sea life here as in Oregon.  And yet, for that one week we spend in Cannon Beach, I get out daily to walk or run or just sit at the beach in the morning.  I take that time to really observe the life around me. I sink my toes into the often cold wet sand, hike up my pants and while both myself and my camera wear rain jackets I explore this little beach along the northern coast of Oregon. There are sea anemones, seagulls, barnacles, muscles, puffins, pelicans, sand pipers, starfish, sand dollars, crab, and so much more. Its like a treasure each morning to see what life is there. It often is a time of quiet reflection and observation. It is my happy time. 













  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments