Dandelion Crowns

By Leslie Parks - Friday, April 17, 2009


This may be my favorite photo from tonight.



Ok, so I'm taking another photography class. This one through Big Pictures Scrapbooking. The first class through Karen Russell was amazing. Loved learning how to use my camera for what I'm doing. Shooting Candid photos. This next class is portrait photography. This one stretches me to the max. I'm not good at giving directions. I have what I want in my mind but positioning people and getting them to pose is not my forte. That being said, I'm trying to push myself. So I am taking individual and team photos of the kids on John's U8 team and Lona's U7 team. John only has 9 kids, but there are 14 kids on Lona's team. I'm not sure that I ever want to become a professional photographer but I want to be better than good with this hobby. I took 7 kid's photos tonight at soccer practice and am hoping to get Lona's photos next week. In between taking the boy's photos Lona made a crown from dandelions so I had to snap away.
The first three photos would be considered interpretive photos and the bottom three are more documentary. I'm understanding more about direct light and indirect light and how to use it. I'm also looking for catchlights in the eyes and noticing that even with brown eyed children I can get catchlights. (I used a piece of foam board to reflect the light into her eyes.)
The thing that I would change with these three bottom photos is to make sure that the eyes are focused. I think that the dandelions are more in focus than the eyes. But I still love these photos.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments