Forced Perspective and Point of View

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, April 28, 2009



This week's assignment was point of view. We covered literal and figurative point of view. Assignment description: post one photo that shows point of view due Wednesday by 10pm. So I wasn't sure exactly what to do. Luckily Karen Russell had explained literal point of view very well in my other class.
I have always loved forced perspective photography. It's amazing what you can do by positioning people. In both of these photos the kids are actually very far apart. The kids and I went to Hovander this morning at 8am but they didn't really turn out. My camera bag was in the way. I didn't scan the view finder to see if there was anything distracting and there was. So after school we headed back to Hovander. It was warmer and much better. I used a very narrow aperture so that everything would be in focus and then made sure that my ISO was fast enough. I think that I took almost 300 photos and I have about 30. It is hard to keep their hands in the correct position, their heads so it looks as if they are looking at each other and still but it is all worth it.
This was my 2nd choice to post for the assignment. I found this very cool photo of hands (right photo) on a blog and the left was my take on it. I wanted to use the sun and have it silhouette the hands. The colors aren't vivid but I think that is due to the sun and not much is there to show color.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments