Fairhaven

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, April 05, 2009

Strong lines need to be parallel with the camera or very angled. I couldn't get the camera to include the top of the phone booth siting straight and my camera bag was angling the camera a little so I decided to make in look purposed. I barely got to the spot in time.


doesn't that coffee look wonderful? Drinkable dessert.

This morning I awoke to beautiful sunshine and an empty bed. The kids were at Rod and Carrie's house for a slumber/birthday party. The kids yesterday were excited and so were John and I. John couldn't sleep due to soccer. Both Isaac and Job had incredible games yesterday and John was reviewing them in his head. I on the other hand had a wonderful night's sleep. I so needed that. This morning we got up and headed to beautiful Fairhaven to window shop and have breakfast. I think that we have gone out to breakfast here in Bellingham all of two times in eight years. It just isn't done. Three kids + immediate hunger does not = breakfast out. We drove up and down a couple of streets and then walked to the cafes to check them out. Harris Avenue Cafe was packed (I think we need to try that one next), Tony's Coffee wasn't but it looked more like a coffee house and less like a place to eat. Skylarks I wanted to save for dinner sometime along with the Big Fat Fish company which wasn't open for breakfast anyway. So we settled for Avenue Bread and Cafe. The bread looked delicious. The coffee was wonderful, and so were the dessert bars but the croissants were heavy and too buttery. After breakfast I made John walk around so that I could take photos.


I'm not sure how I could use the stairs but I thought they were intriguing.

John convinced me to let him take a few photos. This is a cool door.

I'm finally getting brick walls. I love this photo. He's not squinting.

I've noticed that I don't hold my camera straight. I also tend to move when I take photos so they don't turn out as sharp as I want. Something I intend to work on this year.

Another photo by a very fun background.

This photo has potential. I need to step a little to my left and crop out the electrical meters. Also the line of bushes and the building are repetitive. Having someone sitting on a bike or kids playing would be a very cool photo. So take a piece of paper and holding over the picture to crop out the meters and see. This was also a little trip looking for cool photo places. These photos are to remind me what I'm thinking of. Also Sunday morning before 10 am is the perfect time since Fairhaven is empty.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments