Capilano Suspension Bridge - Marriage Enrichment

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, July 25, 2009


The kids are in Montana with my mother and John and I have some time to ourselves. It is our marriage enrichment time. Yesterday we drove to the Capilano suspension Bridge. I had seen signs and have always wanted to go. Perfect day. The lines across the border weren't too bad and by the time we arrived the clouds had burnt off and it was a beautiful day.


The set up was quite nice. There were "story telling" poles constructed by First Nations People on display, snack shops, and gift shops. The bridge was impressive. It swung in the breeze so it was like walking on a sailboat. It had that feel to it so that by the time I was on the other side I felt like I had been on a boat.





I borrowed a lens and loved that we could get self-portraits.



John is taking more photos and so I actually have proof that I've been somewhere.


The trees were enormous. It is amazing. It feels like you are out in the middle of nowhere but actually there are houses just down the canyon.





They have three stocked fish ponds with rainbows. The water was fairly clear and it was relaxing just watching the fish.
there were other bridges on the far side that you could walk along from tree fort to tree fort. I felt like an Ewok almost.


This poor dog was crawling across the bridge. It was not happy one bit. His owner said they were moving faster on the way back. It was so slow and had it's tail tucked between it's legs. I just had to take a picture.










They had a band that played music from the 20's to today. They were great. Interestingly it was the drummer who was the singer.

After the bridge we stopped at Third Beach in Stanley Park to hang out, take a nap and enjoy the day.



We had dinner at a not so great restaurant, walked around Robson Street and then to Yuk Yuk's for some comedy. John and I went a long long time ago and the comedian was hysterical. he was a ventriloquist and had a great clean act. We were laughing so hard that our stomach's hurt. This time - not so great. I don't know why comedians think they have to swear in their act. Does foul language make the joke funnier? I think it makes it worse. I don't think we'll be going anytime soon, if ever. Although the end of the day wasn't that great we still enjoyed the day. I loved being able to talk to my husband without being interrupted and also just being able to sit with him with out talking too; just to be with him.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments