Kid News & Wakeboarding

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, July 26, 2009


First of all, some news from the kids. It takes about 8 hours to drive from Spokane to Lewistown, MT where my mother lives. The kids left Spokane on Thursday the same time I did. They didn't get to Lewistown until midnight. I had a perfect day with the kids driving on Wednesday. We stopped once and only for 20 minutes. We arrived at the hotel the same time my mother did. It was perfect. The next day though was the total opposite. They arrived in Missoula around noon. Job had been saving his money for a Nerf gun and so they stopped at Target to pick up his gun. They had driven maybe 5 miles when Job who had taken the gun out to try it realized that it was broken. They drove back to Target and exchanged it. My mother had him open it in the store to try it out. It was broken too. There was a reason they were on sale. Realize that Target is about 6 hours away from Lewistown. The closest Target in 2 hours. You don't just jump in the car and go to Target. So no gun. Then they stopped at DQ for lunch. It took an extremely long time to have lunch. They ended up staying in Missoula for 3 hours. They should have only been there for 1 hour. They drove to Philipsburg to pan for Sapphires. After twenty minutes, Lona turned to my mother and asked if they could just go home. They bagged up the dirt and continued on their way. Two hours later Isaac wanted a snack. Check your blood sugar. Oh, where is his diabetes bag? Still in Philipsburg. They had to drive all the way back. It was still in the same place that he left it. By this time they had been traveling for 12 hours and still 3 hours to go. Long day. I guess everyone was in a good mood and treated each other well. Since being in Lewistown they have been to the fair, the public swimming pool and now to a cabin. From what I hear, things are going extremely well. I miss them but am having a ton of fun with my husband. It is good to remember what it was like before kids and what it will be like when they are gone.


Yesterday John's office buddy took us out on his boat. They are great wake boarders and we had fun watching them. John got in on the action but I'm not really comfortable. I've never wake boarded before and only skied a couple of times. But swimming in the water and hanging out with them, their kids and her sister was great. If John wanted to talk me out of getting a newer older piece of junk on the water taking me out yesterday was not the way to go. I came home and looked for boats and then he started taking notes and calling/emailing people.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments