Warning: trampolines can cause ear damage

By Leslie Parks - Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm sure that someday that will be a warning on a trampoline. Trampolines can cause ear damage. It seems ridiculous and it is. Yesterday Job was jumping on the trampoline. About 4 o'clock Job came running inside. "I think there's a bug in my ear." "What?"I responded. "I was jumping on the trampoline and I think there's a bug in my ear or a rock."  I decided I wasn't going to take him to the doctor unless there was an actual rock or bug in his ear. So I bought an otoscope. Granted it was cheap but I could actually see something in his ear. Unfortunately it was about time for me to leave the house to take someone else to an activity. If I wasn't picking up three other kids I would've just canceled. So I sent John a text, left Job researching it on the computer and drove away.  Later that evening I received a text that Job had a doctor appointment the next day in the afternoon. So into the doctor we went.  He let me use his otoscope which was really neat. It's amazing what $500 can do to an instrument. I could clearly see the rock in his ear nestled against the ear drum. The doctor sent in a nurse and she flushed the rock out of his ear. Job giggled the whole time he said it was so ticklish. He just couldn't stop. I tried to take a picture using my iPhone looking to the otoscope but that didn't work. Job really wanted to see in his ear. But it wasn't going to work. The doctor and I could see where the rock scraped his ear canal and a bruise on his ear drum. It was amazing. I think if I could do young children I would have invested in one. I use the cheap ones and diagnose quite a few of your infections when the kids were little  however it would be would have been nice to have a good otoscope.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments