Exploring: Bodega Head California

By Leslie Parks - Friday, August 20, 2021



The roar of the surf pounded the rocks as I stood at the edge of the Pacific Ocean.  Just ten days ago I had my feet in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean in the north east corner of the United States. Now I was here smelling the salty air mixing with the dry dust of the earth.  The ocean stretching out making boats that were large close up look like tiny specks and all but hiding them with waves.  The unrelenting noise drowned out the calling of the sea birds until we were just above them looking down.  I felt small and insignificant yet so alive as I always do next to the ocean. I wanted to say, we did it.  We crossed the US but this is no great feat anymore as people cross by car, train, bus or airplane every day.  And yet it still felt like we had accomplished something. So though this is done daily, for me it was a bucket list accomplishment.  One that I hope I can repeat with my other children and my husband. 












 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments