Saying Goodbye to Maine

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, August 08, 2021


It hadn't quite been two years since we first rolled into this little corner of America. We had dropped off our boy at his station, wandered around the island which was pretty much shut up for the winter and then flew back across the country.  I had thought we would visit within a year of him being stationed there but then came the pandemic.  Travel shut down.  Communities kept their doors closed and we lived vicariously through zoom calls and snapchat stories.  I begged for photos wanting so much to be able to relate to him through the area.  We had a few photos, here and there but not anything I could really wrap my head around.  So when he told us that he was leaving Maine for California I practically begged him to be able to travel with him.  I wanted some time to explore the area he had lived in before he left it for good.  Besides I really wanted to visit a good college friend who lived only 40 minutes from my boy.  I had a few days here which was only a taste of what this place has to offer.  I tucked downtown Ellsworth into my bucket list of places  I'd like to revisit.  With a downtown like this, I have to come back. 









 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments