Pottery Barn Look

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love the look of Pottery Barn. It is clean simple and seems to be timeless. Maybe it is because it is not cluttered. Of course, there is no way any of those pictures include real life with kids. I really like this craft table, but the price tag is out of my reach.


Today, the kids had a chess tournament in Lynden. Since I am not a "chess" person and John very much is, he took the kids and I had the day to myself. It was so nice. First I went to coffee with my neighbor and had a nice chat. Then I came home and took measurements of spaces that I wanted to organize. I started at Target, hoping for some wicker or plastic baskets. I thought about metal "locker" room baskets but they were way too pricey. Target didn't really have the size that I needed. Then I went to the dollar store. Nothing. Finally I ended up Daiko Japan. I found some baskets. Home I came before lunch even, which shocked me. Then I pulled out my scrap black paper, my heat embosser, ink pad and stamps and went to work to create a cheap version of chalk board labels. All in the name to get organized and make it look good.
This is pottery barn version.
This is my version.
These are my more organized shelves. I am looking for book ends. Target didn't have any or I just couldn't find them and Daiko Japan had bright colored ones. Next month I'll look at office supply stores or good will. I love how the baskets turned out. They fit in the shelf perfectly. John has agreed to build a craft table for me. It will end up being our school/craft table. I am excited to get things out of piles and into places. I still have to tackle my desk, maybe the next chess tournament. It is so much easier to do this when the kids are out. I tend to throw some of their things away. I mean how many drawings of dragons attacking castles can you have anyway?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments