What do girls talk about?

By Leslie Parks - Friday, January 30, 2009

I love this picture of John. He's not squinting and he's laughing, probably at something Isaac said. Now onto the story of the evening.
Lona is having a friend sleep over. At dinner she really found Isaac's button. Usually Isaac has no problem with come backs and smart sayings, but she shut him up good. "I like Isaac." That was all she said. His mouth clamped down tight, he turned five shades of red up to his ears, put his head in in arms and almost slid under the table. He even asked if he could eat in another room! John and I just died. Then she said, "I can't marry him, I'm only 6." That was the end of Isaac. We didn't hear another word out of him. If only I'd known this sooner about him. I now know what to say to get him to be quiet!

Another activity the girls did was to paint their toes and fingers. With six year old girls, it's not just the nails that get painted. The girls ran upstairs and I could hear them giggling. So I grabbed my camera and up I went. I have a photo assignment for my class and this was perfect. I practiced and climbed all over the place, looking and thinking, and taking pictures. While I was snapping photos I listened to the girls talk.

"Oh, excuse me I farted, I mean tooted. My Dad has a trick with his finger. He says pull my finger and then I do and then he toots." Giggle, giggle, giggle. Then I hear, "Pull my finger." (giggle) "No it only works with boy fingers."

I just love having girls around. The house in full of giggles, whispers, and make believe that is NOT violent.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments