Sledding

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, January 31, 2009







There was another family there. I love how this picture turned out. She was going off the same jump our kids had discovered.



These two girls were so cute together. They took turns being in front.
Another successful day on the Mountain. This was our first time this year to go sledding. Today was perfect. I had a photo assignment that involved taking my family outside and shooting. I think that I snapped around 500 pictures. We took Lona's friend and Isaac's friend with us. We would have taken more but ran out of room in the van. Lona and her friend stayed up way to late the night before and up early in the morning. Lona knocked on our door around 7:30 and asked if they could go downstairs. Sure, not a problem. "We don't have to hide anymore we can go down stairs!" Lona shouts to her friend. Like they actually think that we didn't know where they were. We had heard the pitter patter of feet downstairs. It is fun to have kids spend the night. It exhausts our kids and they fall asleep immediately the following night. We were able to leave the house with a van full by 10am and arrived around 11:30. A very quick lunch and then we hit the sledding hill. I went down a couple of times, John went down a lot. He had four kids riding on his back down the hill at one point. CRAZY. I think this was the first time John and I didn't go together down the hill. The kids found a great jump and embellished it. Lona and Job would just sail off it. I stood up and took pictures, laid down and took pictures, I kneeled down, laid on my back, just about anything to try a different view point. I am learning so much. I don't know so much too. One of my biggest problems is to make sure that a tree doesn't appear to grow out of someone's head. I'll get that right some day.
I love how intent the kids look. Riding on John's back.
With five kids sledding we were able to come away without any injuries but very empty tummys. Note: 4 lbs of grapes, 4 pops, 6 juices, 6 sandwhiches, a bag of chocolate chip cookies, an apple, 3 oranges, and lots of granola bars just doesn't cut if for a van full of hungry kids. Take twice as much food and drinks.
Job really wanted to snowboard. He improvised and used a sled. By the end of the day he could go down the whole hill without falling until he stopped. Didn't quite nail the landing yet.
Panning pictures. I love how fast it looks.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments