1st Piano Recital

By Leslie Parks - Monday, May 11, 2009


The group of pianists - great group.










Tonight we went to our first piano recital. I talked to the kids about doing their best. We talked about that there will be people that they don't know and if they mess up only their piano teacher and they will know. They have only played on our piano at home and now they were able to play on a grand piano.
I went shopping for collared shirts and ties for the boys today. Originally I wanted them to have shirts which would match Lona's dress but didn't have enough time to shop for that. So I just bought some nice collared shirts. Now the ties were more difficult to find. None at the gap, thought I'd check just in case. Target had some blue ones with sailboats, very ugly. Finally I found some at Sears. But they didn't have that many. I bought a clip on dark blue for Job and a tie your own plain black for Isaac. They looked so handsome in their ties and dress shirts. I want to have them wear that on Sunday to church. Lona wore her dress that I bought around Christmas time for her.
At the recital it was almost all of Mandy Holden's students. One family was home sick, poor girl. Job's very good friend and his family was in it and the older brother played a song on his saxophone. He is self taught on the Sax. Wow! (11 years old). I really thought that the kids did great! Job is a performer. I nailed his piece that had soft, medium and loud parts. I was impressed. Lona did good. She is a beginner and played cute little pieces that were just right for her. Isaac played a piece that is way beyond me. I took a year of piano in college but never really learned it like I should have. I like to listen to him, to all my kids.
Mandy, you are an amazing teacher and I am impressed with how well the kids did. Thank you!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments