Awana Awards

By Leslie Parks - Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last night we had our awards for Awana. I am so proud of my kids.

Lona earned her 2nd book award for Sparks. She learned 30 verses this year and all of the books of the Bible plus she had activities to do. She also reviewed over 10 verses from last year.
Job earned his 1st book award for TnT. He learned 62 Bible verses, reviewed the books of the Bible and did various activities.
Isaac earned his 3rd book award for TnT. He learned 62 verses as well. After 4 years of TnT they will have learned over 300 verses. They inspire me to memorize as well. They aren't just random verses either. They answer questions such as who is Jesus? Why did God give the Bible? Who is God? I have been impressed with the Awana program and am thankful for it. It is almost a 9 month program, almost every Wednesday from 6:15 to 8:15 but so worth it. I'm glad to have my Wednesdays back but only for a while. I love that the kids get to hang with other kids who have a heart for God. I have worked with Cubbies the preschool program again this year.
I think that this is my 4th year doing this. The gal that MCd the event has worked in the Awana program for 18 years. That is dedication to kids. The Awana program couldn't work without volunteers. There are over 50 volunteers each Wednesday night to make the club a success. There are secretaries that keep information current, directors that deal with kids, parents, make hard decisions and keep the vision, leaders of groups that keep the kids focused, listen to verses and encourage the kids. There are game directors, story tellers, missionaries, song leaders and many others. It takes lots of people committed to run an Awana program and I'm thankful for all of them. Because it has allowed our kids to learn and grow.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments