Fishing

By Leslie Parks - Friday, May 29, 2009

Warning: Graphic images


There are things that I did as a kid and I really don't remember how I thought of them. One of these things was fishing and cleaning the fish. My kids love to go fishing. In fact they love to go fishing. My Mom takes them fishing when they visit her and they generally like to eat fish. But this is how they feel about cleaning their fish.
They were appalled! There was a lot of crying, begging, and gnashing of teeth. It was most comical. Maybe I was like that too, I don't know. Mom? Was this a problem for me?
John was very patient. Job didn't wan to get his hands dirty and would only use two finger tips to touch the fish until John grabbed his hand and smashed it down onto the fish! Job almost started crying.

Isaac was almost as bad. He had to be told a couple of times to use his hand to hold the fish.
Lona was also very grossed out but instead of getting her hands dirty she ran inside for plastic grocery bags that were then placed over her hands to protect them. John let her get away with this because she is his darling daughter.


It is so great to have a Dad around to teach the kids really gross stuff. Love you John.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments