A whole new look

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, May 06, 2009



We have been noticing Lona squinting when she looks at certain things, like the clock in the other room or at signs by the road. Yet we waited until April when our insurance spending plan would kick in. I made the appointment with the eye doctor (found one in Ferndale) and in we went. Let me tell you, I really like this doctor. He worked with Lona and did some fun things like having her stretch her neck like a giraffe so he could look in her eyes. After determining that she needed glass for distant vision he had her go out to pick out some glasses. The gals had everything ready for her. He dilated her eyes and then checked them. Everything looks good, she just needs to wear glasses if she's watching TV or we are in the car and she wants to read the signs by the road. She doesn't need them for reading or any other close up tasks, maybe an hour a day. Yahoo. We are going to pick them up today. I also thought that his staff was very professional too. The last eye doctor I went to his staff was a mess. He had two offices and even though they were told that I had gone to his Bellingham office the first time I wanted to be seen in his Ferndale office. They never transferred the file, they swore and then talked smack about people walking past their office. I sat in their office for an hour for an appointment and never saw the doctor because they didn't have my file. That was the end of that. So needless to say I was happy to find a professional eye doctor in Ferndale who could take care of our family. He did say that he wanted to see Isaac but that is because Isaac has diabetes and needs to be checked. He didn't see a reason to check Job if there doesn't appear to be problems. That makes me excited too.
The other difference with Lona is her hair. After finding that she cut some bangs only on one side, we took her in and had bangs cut all the way across. Then she found out her friend was getting her hair cut and wanted a cut like mine. John wasn't about to go there so we compromised and I cut about 8 inches off just to her shoulders. It is way easier to take care off, but I do miss the long hair. She'll grow it out and we'll cut it again next spring. She can still put it in a pony tail/pig tails but it doesn't get all over the place.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments