Job's turn

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I promised Job that I would take photos at his soccer game.  I am trying out a new way to focus, called back button focusing.  It's just not using the shutter button to focus but another one located on the back of the camera instead.  This allows me to focus on one spot recompose and then snap the photo.  It keeps the camera from constantly trying to find the focus spot.  I think that I'm liking it.  It's easier to take photos of kids on a swing but not sure about soccer where they are constantly moving around the field.  But I'll keep trying it out.

Last week at the game, Job and along with several other kids on the team were hit with the ball.  Job took a hard shot to the stomach while being goalie.  This week he was a little more tentative with getting to the ball.  Some of these kids are quite a bit taller and heavier than Job and that makes it intimidating as well.  He just needed a warm up game and next week he'll be his more aggressive self.  He had a wide open shot to goal and missed instead it hit above the goal.  This was incredible because our team kept rebounding and taking shots and just couldn't quite make it in the goal!  I thought some of the parents were going to pass out.  I love watching him play but really do need the camera so that I don't lose my voice.  I tend to not yell as much when I'm behind the camera.  This way I'm just a mom that is supporting her son instead of one of those fanatic parents that live vicariously through their children.  Ok, who am I kidding I do that too.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments