Stairway Gymnastics

By Leslie Parks - Monday, February 01, 2010

Tonight Lona somehow got it in her head to jump from the stairs to the floor.  She started small and progressed to the 7th step.  I could see another arm in a cast or a leg or wacking her head on the dinning room table.  I was sure something was going to give on her body.  She is probably the most daring of our children.  She loves fair rides, doesn't mind heights too much, bounces the highest on the trampoline.  She just jumped over and over and over again.  Stacking the pillows at the bottom of the steps.  Johnvsaid it was fine so I guess it was.  Skagit frustrated her by coming up to the pillows and lying down in the middle of her landing pad.  She would run down the steps and drag this dog off the pillows and back up again only to find that by the time she was at the 7th step he was in the middle of the pile again. I took a ton of photos from the bottom, hard to focus because she kept getting closer and it couldn't refocus that fast.  (John said, I thought the new lens was supposed to help that. - It's a zoom lens not wide angle.)  Then I tried to get a side view but that proved challenging too because right after I took the 2nd photo she landed on the pillows, bounced up, flew forward and landed for a second time but this time on the hard wood floor on her knees and bounced again.  She takes a look at me and says, "I shouldn't have done that."  The boys at the top, who didn't jump at all, started laughing.  She started crying - mostly because it scared her and because of the boys laughing at her.  A good lesson I guess.  I'm sure I've just added 100 new grey hairs to my head.  I've got to call my hair dresser tomorrow!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments