Recipe Book

By Leslie Parks - Friday, November 22, 2013


I have been wanting and wanting to organize the recipes that I've collected.  The ones that we use over and over and over again but I always need my card or the book or the sheet of paper.  There are foods that we only eat in the fall and winter because they warm you up from the inside.  The foods we eat seasonally because we have 50 asparagus plants and I don't can asparagus and the kids hate it.  The foods that I loved but forgot about or the recipes that have been given to me by family members and friends.  I want to get it all organized and ordered neatly so I can easily find them.  I'm also on a little bit of a spending freeze - ok, a big spending freeze for a while.  I cut down my craftiness which meant my spending so I'm getting creative in what I do.  Since organizing my recipes has been on my list for a couple of years and I pinned this idea on pinterest, I decided to photograph the recipes that we (I and sometimes Lona) make and have a book printed. I have envisioned sending each kid out into the world with a book of our family favorites but who knows if that will happen. I do know that there will be more recipes to add later but that just means that we will have to have a volume 2.  Anyhow, I have really enjoyed taking the time to make the food, and then photographing it.  I found the best time to photograph the food is between 2 and 3:30 pm.  That's when the light comes in perfectly through my kitchen window.  It gives a rustic feel to the foods, at least it does for me.  Its a way I can be creative, practice my photography, and make dinner all at the same time.  So far the kids haven't complained too much.  At least I'm not pointing the camera in their direction, however that won't last long.
Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms


Soft Boiled Eggs and Toast


Chicken Corn Chowder



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Blueberry Tarte

Greek Salad

Mini Meat Pot Pie using left over stew

Peanut Butter Cookies

Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Scones

Smore Pie

White Bean and Sausage Stew

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments