I have joy again

By Leslie Parks - Friday, August 21, 2009











It seems as though I hit periods where I don't find the joy in doing something that normally gives me joy. I was loving taking photos. I would grab the kids and try everything and work real hard on my photos and then I became discouraged. I took some photos that I thought were creative but actually they weren't creative because you couldn't tell what was happening in the photos. I started second guessing my self and being very critical. I could see everything that was wrong and nothing that was right. I became frustrated. I continued taking photos but I felt like I was going backwards. Then these two beautiful young women asked if I could take some photos of them. I still see everything that is wrong with my photos but I see what is right too. It was so much fun to spend time with them and they made it so enjoyable that as I looked and adjusted my camera I could see that I was doing stuff right. My focusing was better, my attitude was better. I used my aperture better and I was excited when I got home to see the photos on a larger screen. I am again excited about photos. Thank you Sarah and Kat for helping me to be excited again.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments