Montana Trip 2

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, August 18, 2009




In the last few years that I was in college, my mom decided to get her motorcycle endorsement and so did the rest of the family. It is amazing how much our mother inspired us to do. She didn't say anything about us getting our endorsements but because she did so did we. She bought this little Honda 90 trail bike. We would all ride together on our bikes in the evenings. She has two Honda 90s now. They are super old and require a ton of work every spring. They can be a little undependable and so she has decided to sell them. She kept them just for us to use while we were here. I really liked this bike because there is no clutch. I never did master using a clutch on a bike but the little Honda doesn't go fast and with a boat cushion on the back more than one person can ride. John gave almost all the kids a ride around the block a couple of times. Then I gave Isaac the camera hopped on told him to snap a few photos, turn the camera off, put it away and we'd be back later. There is something about being spontaneous that is so freeing. It was great to be able to just ride away on the spur of the moment and go down town to the local taco time to share a small serving of mexi fries. A walk down memory lane for John and I. When we were in college, he'd call me up late at night after a long study session and ask me to go the Hardee's for a small fries. We were so cheap that we'd split the fries and cup of water, but we would talk and laugh and it was great.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments