Tennis Anyone?

By Leslie Parks - Tuesday, September 18, 2012



We have started a new sport which means that we need new equipment: tennis rackets and tennis shoes,  purchasing uniforms and getting physicals, after school practices and meets.  It also means that we are always on the lookout for tennis courts.  We've gone to the BP park to play on their court and to Bellingham High School before church on Sunday morning.  I know nothing about it.  I went to a meet in Lynden and was surprised that the kids judge their own matches - no line judges at all.  There were four matches going on at once but I didn't realize that anyone was playing a serious game, I kept waiting for it to start.  After about 15minutes it dawned on me that thy were playing serious matches,.  Some kids were playing doubles and some were playing singles.  How did they decide.  I guess they had a qualification thing at school the day before.  In the first two meets, Isaac played exhibition matches meaning that his matches didn't count towards team points. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments