Field Trip

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Job went on a field trip to Birch Bay State Park and I tagged along.  I'm not sure that I was really invited but I saw the opportunity to take photos so Lona and I joined the class.  The girls were wondering who Lona was and her answer, "I prefer to remain anonymous." Their response was what does anonymous mean.  She laughed and said "I'm Job's sister, Lona."  What a smart Alec.  We could only show up for the afternoon part of the program so we learned about  omnivores, herbivores, and carnivores.  The kids played this game where they were divided up into the three groups and they had to find food and water.  Some of the food were the other kids.  It was very well done.  The bandannas were colored yellow, green or red.  They determined what kind of animal the kids were.  They also had rubber bands around their wrists that represented their lives.  If they were caught on the round around the camp, they forfeited one of their rubber bands since they were road kill.  They had a piece of paper to write down a code for the kinds of food and water they found.  It was really well done.












  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments