An Outing: Stoney Ridge Farm

By Leslie Parks - Friday, October 17, 2014

This year I am purposing to take time with Lona to go do things.  Things that we should be taking advantage of.  Sometimes those things have to do with our soccer travels and other times it is meeting up with friends that we don't get to see often and stay in county.  This was one of the second things. I had so much fun with Lona last year at Stoney Ridge that I wanted to go back this year.  I had envisioned a foggy morning but we had rain instead. The foggy morning happened the week before. Never the less it was a fabulous time. We did the traditional stuff, animals, photos, ride to the fields and pumpkin choosing.  There of course was the corn maze and Lona and her new shadow ran through it while being timed.  We finished off our time with their apple pie and the works.  I think that it may be the whole reason I go besides the incredible photo opportunity.  On the way home we randomly drove down the country roads weaving our way back towards our house.  We were greated by an amazing sight; a bald eagle perched upon a power pole.  I don't think I could get tired of looking at these amazing birds.





















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments