Comments from a 9 year old

By Leslie Parks - Monday, October 22, 2007

9:35pm. Is my day over yet? We quickly had our lessons this morning, Job rushed off to PE. Yes, he understands what physical education is all about. Then a 1/2 hour later we jumped into the van and drove off to the ceramic art studio. We learned about glass fusion. We took little colored glass pieces and arranged them on clear glass squares to be melted. Then we looked at the kilns and the kids asked all kinds of questions. I love impormptu field trips. This was supposed to tie in with our lesson on Justinian the Great, emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire during the Byzantine Ages. Boy am I learning a ton.
Next was three stores to find the correct attachments to my kitchenaid so I can make applesauce. I found a wheelbarrow full of apples and John went to pick them up. We figure there are 8 gallons of apples. I made a small dent in it tonight and have 12 quarts + in the fridge ready to can. I can't freeze it, we have 1/2 a cow in our freezer. I am out of milk, cereal, bananas, dog food it has to wait until the applesauce is gone to I have room in the fridge.
Tonight I was eating dinner and John was playing with his new mole traps. Isaac was watching and listening. John had it all figured out and made this comment, "Now we are really going to catch some Mol-lases." Isaac laughed. About five minutes later, Madison was trying to get our attention because she wanted fed. John asked, "What's up with Madison?" "Oh, Mom just kicked her in the *ss." I burst out laughing. This came from my 9 year old!!! What are we doing????

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments