R&R

By Leslie Parks - Friday, October 05, 2007






















Well, I am finally putting pictures up of Job's birthday party. We did not get to have a whip cream fight. Maybe another time with just our kids.






John and I just returned from Harrison Hot Springs. We spent less than 24 hours there, but had almost two days away from the kids. It was very relaxing. At Harrison we swam, sat in the hot pools, ate so much food, went on a small bike ride, had high tea, danced (well more like embaressed myself) and saw some amazing sand sculptures. The Copper Room is a very elegant restaurant that has a strict dress code: no jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes; only slacks and collared shirts for the guys. The food was good, the band was good. In between courses, couples would get up and dance. John and I got up and tried to swing, but my shoe went flying off. I wanted to die, but instead, just laughed it off. I couldn't wait to get out. After that I looked at every gals shoe. I am in the shoe shopping mood. It was nice to get away. We had no schedule and no cares. Minter Gardens is also amazing to see. It makes me want to come home and garden. It is a smaller scale than Butchart Gardens but still amazing.



Today was such a beautiful crisp fall day that I encouraged the kids to get outside and play. Job asked John to play football, pretty soon Isaac was out there too. I took pictures of Job trying to catch the ball. He tried so hard. Isaac has such a funny face in each one that makes me laugh to see. Lona was exhausted and fell asleep in the grass outside.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments