the night before the big day

By Leslie Parks - Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday night, the night before the marathon. I am a little nervous. I took this week as a rest week, and now I don't quite feel prepared. I only ran 20 to 30 minutes twice. I have ran 5 miles twice a week and then a long run and then this week pretty much nothing. The twenty-two mile run was hard, mentally and physically. This journey was probably tougher mentally than physically. Overcoming hurdles of motivation and belief in myself has been challenging as well as encouraging.
It was so much easier when I had a consistent running partner and now I almost feel lost. I guess that I am going to sign up for a half marathon in November just to give me some motivation for running. I know that I can do a 1/2 marathon because I have already done it. I was a lot of fun doing the Skagit Flats. I completed it barely under two hours and that didn't seem that bad. I am hoping to be able to do this in 4 1/2 hours; 5 at the longest. I know the route, I have either run or biked it. I have already done twenty-two of those miles. I am scared. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll post how I did; both mentally and physically.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments