Siblings & Friends

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, March 29, 2009


(This is one of my favorite photos of these two. There are catch lights in their eyes, reflection of light from the windows. When they looked up at me facing the window they had catch lights, but with their backs to the windows they didn't have catch lights. )


It seems like I get this question a lot. Are they twins? No they are not twins, they are little less than 2 years apart. Job is older. Sometimes though they just seem like twins.


(They can be so goofy with each other - very spontaneous.)


They just have a special kind of relationship. Actually Job is the cement that binds both Isaac and Lona together. He relates well to Lona and he also relates well to Isaac. Every night Job or Lona ask if they can sleep with each other. Lona doesn't like being alone and Job is afraid of nightmares.

(I absolutely love this photo of Job. He seems mysterious and thoughtful. Lona unfortunately is out of focus. I may change this to black and white and have it more grainy)

So they cuddle and we move them. I had a photo assignment to finish up and had Job and Lona pose for me. I was exploring direct light, indirect light and indoor light. I was looking for catch lights and how the direction of light affects photos. I am sad that my class is over. 10 week flew by and I just love all the information that I've been able to have access to. Slowly but surely I'll improve.


(Perspective photography is fun to do. I had the white balance wrong. Every light has a shade, some are warmer than others, our eyes automatically adjust to it but our cameras don't. Changing the white balance on our cameras allow us to counter act some shade of light so they seem more natural to us. The cool color in this photo though adds to the creepiness of the photo.)

(More goofiness - they were just cracking up the whole time. It was hard to get them to look at me so I could complete my assignment but these photos just show their relationship better than when they are looking at me.)

(I really like how grainy this photo is too. )




(These last two are just fun)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments