Ballerina

By Leslie Parks - Sunday, March 08, 2009


(Critic: this should have been taken in horizontal instead of vertical. I was trying to include her hands but I could have done that and off centered her. I could have also exposed her a little bit more. One more thing, I forgot to change my ISO so there is a lot of digital noise but I could turn it black & white and use that as an artistic feature. Live and learn)

Lona has her Ballet pictures on Tuesday. So today we practiced getting ready. She needs to have her hair in a bun.
(photo critic: This was taken with a custom white balance. Light comes in all sorts of colors that our eyes automatically adjust to, but our camera's don't have that feature so you need to change it depending upon what kind of light your in. Point an shoot camera's have this ability somewhat, you can change it on a limited basis. Also it looks like something is growing out of her face and she is centered. One of the things I want to work on is off-centering my photos a little more to create more drama in the pictures.)
I called my neighbor across the street to learn how to put a bun in her hair, then I practiced and practiced and then bought a hair net. We gelled, twisted and bobby pinned and then put the hair net on and bobby pinned the flower into her hair. Next came the make-up. We applied foundation, eye shadow, mascara, blush, and finally pink lipstick.
(Photo critic: I like this one because her arm is leading your eye to her face. Background a little distracting but this is our house so oh well.)
Then into her costume. A wonderful gal from church altered Lona's dress. It was so baggy that it needed a good inch on each side taken in. Now it fits perfectly. I wasn't sure what I was going to do but it works great. Finally she needed to practice her dance. And then came our photo shoot.
(Photo critic: Lona is off centered. The focus here is on her hair and the rest of her is blurred. She is off-centered. The white balance is set for shade.)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments