Crazy Good Times

By Leslie Parks - Monday, March 02, 2009


Every once in a while our kids just lose it. They go off the deep end and are crazy silly. With the snow we received last week, I've had some time in the house alone. I'll kick the kids out to play for an hour or so. It is so much easier to play outside in the snow than the rain or wind. Go figure. The kids were wound up Friday afternoon. The boys decided to dress as me. Isaac found my boots, put on some leggings had Job sit on top of his shoulders and wear my dress coat. They were wound up!
Saturday, John decided to make another trip to a water park in Canada. We've been to four of them and I have two that are favorites. Watermania in Richmond is a good one but in order to ride the slides one must be 7 or older and 1.2 meters tall. That leaves only one child unable to ride. It has a rope swing, a diving board, a high dive, and a platform dive. There is a wave pool, and two hot tubs, and two lap swim pools. It is also close (within walking distance) to a Subway and Old Spaghetti Factory. We arrived at 1:30 and were done around 4:30. When Isaac's hair is wet and it falls over his ears he looks like he has koala ears. I really wish I had taken my camera. I could have taken a picture of Job and Lona learning to dive, Lona and John jumping of the high dive and platform dive. It was neat they decided to jump at the same time. I really want a picture of Isaac's koala ears. Next time. Finally Lona was warming up in the hot tub and done swimming for the day after getting kicked in the face during the wave session. She was so tired that she would put her head on my shoulder and close her eyes. Then Isaac, Job and John joined us in the hot tub. Strange since the waves weren't finished yet. Then Isaac smiled. Apparently he was body surfing a wave to the shallow end when a boy slipped and landed on Isaac's head, smacking it on the bottom of the pool. John said that the boy was having a hard time getting up off of Isaac. Isaac was face first in the water and couldn't push the boy off of him. I guess John was on the way over to rescue his son when the boy finally stood up. Isaac chipped his front tooth. Ironically we had gone to the dentist the day before and found that Isaac is missing his eye teeth. Now we need to fix his chipped front teeth as well.
We get to the border and we always let the kids choose which line to take. Isaac is pretty good at choosing a fast line, but it was Job's turn. The five minute border wait didn't apply to our line. We were there for a good 30 - 45 minutes. We watched the other two lines speed through the crossing. This gave the kids plenty of time to entertain themselves. Job was in the middle seat and Isaac and Lona were in the far back seats.
Lona, "Isaac, I want to tell you a secret. Come closer."
Isaac leans towards Lona and she karate chops him in the face.
Then from the border to our house (I have no idea how John could drive) Lona sang everything that Isaac said.
Isaac " Lona just shut up!"
Lona "Isaac told me to shut up, but I'm not going to. I'm going to sing, because I love him."
Isaac "groan"
Lona "Isaac said groan, and I know that he loves me" Everything he said, she would then sing and the last note in each phrase was as high as she could hit. I was dying, my stomach hurt so bad. The funny part was that Isaac wouldn't be quiet. He hadn't figured that out until we were almost home. Finally he was quiet and I said, "Isaac." He responds by saying "what" and she starts in.
Isaac "Mom, don't talk to me or make me say anything."
John was crying. It was definitely a had to be there moment but if we had taken the fast lanes I don't think we would have been subjected to this misery. John said that she was Missy Piggy. I tend to think that he is right. After how she was at the hot tub I though for sure she was going to fall asleep on the way home, but she was wound up tighter than a spring.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments