The Petting Zoo

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, March 11, 2009


Last week a dear friend invited a bunch of people over to her house. Mind you she was/is days away from delivering her own bundle of joy into this world. But that didn't matter. So away we went to the petting zoo. She even had frog eggs for anyone who wanted to take them home. This to me is nothing short of amazing. I couldn't imagine doing this. When I showed up with a van full of children, her little dog just started whelping puppies. This was a new term for me but I like using it.
So not only did we see baby goats, baby rabbits, parakeets, and chickens but we were able to view a 20 minute old puppy. Wow!
OK, I don't know where my brain was that day but it wasn't on photography. They aren't in focus and they are underexposed. I could have fixed all of it by upping my ISO (which just means making my camera more sensitive to light) but I didn't. I could have fixed the underexposed photo by changing the exposure compensator on my camera, but I didn't. I could have changed the focusing by holding my camera correctly but I didn't. What was wrong with my brain? This week seems much better so far. I think that I just forgot everything I have been learning for the last 7 weeks. Gasp. Class is almost over! So here are a few of the better shots.
Lona desperately wanted to bring a bunny home. This is her "please Dad" look.

Why couldn't I nail this one. All this little princess wanted to do was kiss the bunnies. Doesn't this bunny look like she wants to be kissed?




Sorry, Jennifer, I couldn't help taking this photo. You just look too darling not to photograph.
Don't all blond haired toddlers look perfect with a baby bunny?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments