Ice Skating Fun

By Leslie Parks - Friday, March 20, 2009


(not the best focused picture but the best of all the kids)

Yesterday was our last day to go ice skating. It was bitter sweet. Sweet because it is another thing I can let go of during a busy soccer season. Bitter because I think that yesterday was the funnest day and the kids are finally getting the hang of it. Each child had a friend along and that was so nice. It freed me up to help the ones that needed help. One child had never been skating before and it took time before he got the hang of it. I think if he went a couple more times, he'd be right with all the others. When I started in January all the kids had problems and hugged the wall. It is easier to work with just one than three at the same time. Thank you Marie for inviting us to ice skate that first time. We became addicted quick. We've all improved in skating. Isaac is much more comfortable and is able to skate quite a bit faster. Job no longer skates with his feet on the side and Lona can keep up with her friend. I even learned a new trick. I can skate backwards. I want to go again just to keep up with these new skills but think that it is almost impossible with what is before us. Also I was going to take tons of pictures to celebrate our last skate outing but after five pictures my battery died. Bummer and I forgot to put the other battery in the bag. It was being charged. Oh well.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments