Fair

By Leslie Parks - Friday, August 23, 2013

We are constantly telling our children that the Fair happens once a year for a week but for the rest of life, it's not fair.  So this week we went to the Fair.  A couple of months ago I picked up tickets for wrist bands and entrance tickets at the 4 hour only sale at Woods Coffee.  I figured that I saved over $65 by doing that.  I saved enough to pay for John's ticket in and all the food I ate.  Oh I have been looking forward to Fair Food; Moo-wiches, New York Steak Sandwiches, Curly Fries, and it could have gone on and on if I had enough money.  As it was the kids were wanting money for their food too.  Lona quickly found some friends to hang out with and she rode all the rides and I left her at the fair with them. I really have no idea how late she was there. Something new at fair this year for me were the boys looking at MY DAUGHTER!  Her friends are all a couple of years older but I didn't think they should have been looked at either.  ACK!!!!  I think it's going to get worse.  Job hung out with some of his friends too but after a couple of hours he was just done with the rides.  He may not be going back next year.  It really isn't his thing.  He does like to walk through the barns looking at the displays such as the Lego collections or the animals.  He left with us after dinner.  Isaac was also left at the fair this year with his friends.  He wasn't quite into the rides like Lona but more so than Job.  I think for him, its a lot of socializing and maybe a tiny bit of girl looking but not seriously.  It was nice to ditch the chaperons and just be husband and wife at the fair.  John remarked that he was surprised at the number of older people we saw.  I was surprised at the number of names I recognized with the different exhibits.  I guess that Fair can really be a social place to see people that we haven't seen in a while.  Even living in the same small county sometimes the fair is the only time to see them.  The whole time though I was missing my camera.  I've sent it off to the repair center.  It seems as though there is just something not quite right about it.  I missed it, just not quite as happy with my photos without it. 










  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments