Craftiness

By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, December 04, 2013

I love the frame redo's that I see on the internet.  Lona and I decided that we could do some for her friends for Christmas.  I found some frames that I thought would work at Value Village.  We took everything out of them, rubbed them down with steel wool and started spray painting.  After a couple of coats, I decided that spray painting  wasn't going to work so I grabbed the paint that we used for her bed and gave them three good coats of paint.  Then I sent John to the hardware store for chicken wire and he came home with this 1" grid stuff.  It looked perfect until I went to Wal-Mart for the clothes pins.  They had standard and mini and neither one was going to work.  Then at Michael's I found these medium size clothes pins and decided that we could use those.   Once home, I realized that I could use my drop cloth scraps to make a cute banner and use the mini clothes pins after all.  I then found a tutorial on YouTube to make the flowers.  I used the drop cloths once again for those flowers. After I sewed those up I used glue dots to attach vintage buttons to the centers. I also spent a couple of hours at a friend's house and learned how to make wrapped flowers.  For the banner that says "Photos"  I simply use Golden Fluid Acrylic paint with foam alphabet stamps and stamped onto the drop cloths.  I thought it looked a little plain with out photos so I found my Mom's old black and white wedding photos and stuck those on just to photograph.  I am so excited for this.  I just have one more frame to get but I'm thinking of doing one for Lona as well for Christmas.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments