By Leslie Parks - Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We try every year to go through the "Walk Through Bethlehem".  I love the recreation of Bethlehem with all the little booths that house the shops.  They sell bread, soup, flowers, and fruit.  There are live chickens at one booth and a stable at the other end of the town.  The synagogue is open to visitors but not the inner court.  Usually the priest reads out of Isaiah that fortells the coming of the Messiah.  This year, to enter into the city we first had to go to Jerusalem via King Herod's court where the wisemen were waiting to hear where the king was to be born.  I had invited the Youth Group to our house to go through Bethlehem with us.  One of our girls was portraying Mary this year so it was fun to stop and talk to her as she was looking for an inn.  Ever since we went the first year I had heard about it, it is something I look forward to each Christmas.  There are so many things that take my focus away that I look for specific events that remind me of Christ's birth.  This is one of those things.  Another is the Nativity Ballet that Lona is involved in.  That is in a couple of weeks.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments